While it's not all sunny for the Holidays in the North and Northeast... There is some positive news to report!
The November Year-to-Date Report for Naples and Bonita Springs Florida is out! The market report below shows the sales trend in the Naples area as well as the historical numbers and comments that provide some clarification for those that tend to glaze over when they see all these charts and figures.
I believe the comments on the report speak for themselves. The market continues to increase in the number of sales over the same month in the prior year because of the roll back in pricing which has caused the dollar volume to be lower. To the dismay of many of the buyers in the market a recent study found a very small handful of waterfront or beach homes that were either short-sales, foreclosures or bank owned.
• YTD November closed sales units up 19% over same period 2007. Volume is down 9%.
• YTD closed sales under $250,000 continue to dominate the market, showing a 121% increase over same period 2007. Not a big surprise however considering the lack of sales in this price range in 2007.
• Closed sales for the month of November are up 10% over November 2007.
• Median sales price is down 22.5% from November 2007.
• Pended sales in November are up 44% over prior year period.
• 64% of newly pended sales are represented by properties under $250,000.
• New listings taken year-to-date November are down 6% over prior year.
• Active listing inventory on December 1, 2008 stands at 13,873 in the combined Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero markets (7,141 single family homes and 6,732 condominiums). This represents a 6% decrease from December 1, 2007.
**Trouble viewing?... See the full PDF Document of the November Year-to-date Report
Garren Grup is a Real Estate Consultant, REALTOR® and GRI...
View Naples Beachfront Estate Homes Here
English & European buyers can access Gulfshore Blvd. Homes in Naples at www.NaplesBeachfront.co.uk
*Use the links above to view listings in a specific area/city or create your own search Here.*
**Stay Tuned.... On or about January 15, 2009, we will be publishing the annual report on the state of the market and where it might be going from here!
This report represents the combined Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero market.
Disclaimer: All information from Sunshine MLS. Accuracy is deemed correct but not warranted.