October 23rd and 24th, 2010... It's Finally Stone Crab Season in Florida!
Their long awaited return is here and a new tradition, the Naples Stone Crab Festival is about to begin!
Much to the Florida stone crab claw lovers' delight, seafood markets and restaurants around the state will once again have this delicacy on their menus until the season ends on May 15.
Naples Florida is so excited about the season beginning that it's holding its first ever Stone Crab Festival on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 23 and 24, in and around the Naples waterfront at Tin City, Bayfront, Naples Bay Resort, The City Dock at Crayton Cove and more. There will be events and activities for the entire family. If you're lucky enough to be in Naples this weekend, come on out and enjoy the fun, and more importantly the delicious claws!
For a list of events & map, visit www.StoneCrabFestival.org/events.php
If you've never had the pleasure, here are some helpful tidbits about the Florida stone crab:
- The bodies of the Florida stone crab are relatively small so they are rarely eaten, but the claws are large and considered a delicacy
- Commercial fishermen only remove the crab's claws which actually regenerate
- Claws are sold fresh or frozen and are available in several sizes based on weight, including medium (up to 3 ounces), large (3 to 5 ounces), and jumbo (5 ounces plus)
- The general rule of thumb is that it takes one pound of crab claws to feed one person
- Claws are usually served in the shell, typically on a bed of ice with a mustard dipping sauce. But they are also sometimes served hot with drawn butter and lime juice
- The firm, sweet meat, which is extra lean, low in fat, and a good source of protein, tastes similar to lobster ***
***Profiles of New Construction Developments & Homes in the Naples & Bonita Springs Area Here
or Search for Homes & Commercial properties at www.HomesInNaplestoBonita.com
I have launched with a larger picture format to help you
Find and View ALL Homes in Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero & Fort Myers Beach Areas
View Naples Beachfront Estate Homes Here
English & European buyers can access Gulfshore Blvd. Homes in Naples at www.NaplesBeachfront.co.uk
The Best Prices on Foreclosure properties in Naples & Bonita Springs can be seen Here.
The Best prices on Foreclosure properties on Fort Myers Beach Here.